JOURNAL TOPIC: ["Say What" by Stevie Ray Vaughan; "Say It Now (I'm Black and I'm Proud)" by James Brown; "Say It To Me Now" by Glen Hansard]
How does what we say relate to what we do? Does telling ourselves or other people what we think/feel/intend change our thought process and/or feelings? Does it make us more or less likely to act? Does it teach us anything about ourselves?
2. Socratic Seminar: "The Performative Utterance in Hamlet" & vocab
[UPDATE: The agenda got hijacked. 0 finished Act V. 3&4 groups discussed major takeaways and questions from Hamlet. Please see HW #3.]
1. STUDY "The Performative Utterance in Hamlet"
2. Begin creating your PLN by searching out AP and university courses that include Hamlet. Review at least fifteen, pick the best five, and post links to your blogs (under the title "AP HAMLET PLN"). Include a brief paragraph for each in which you explain why the resource made the cut.
3. If you're in period 3 or 4: please comment to this post with your group's major ideas and questions.
4. Everyone: please reply to the group's questions with answers (credit per each).