Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3

JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins; "The Ghost Song" by The Doors; "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" by The Beatles/performed by Eddie Vedder]

What is it about society and relationships that leads individuals-- such as Hamlet-- to bottle up ideas that are dissonant or new? Is there a common thread between Hamlet's struggle to contain his inner thoughts/feelings and Laertes' warning to Ophelia?

AGENDA:
1. Recap: Hamlet Act I Scenes i & ii
2. Hamlet: Act I Scene iii
3. Journal
4. Hamlet: Act I Scene iv

HW:
1. Finish reading Act I (for interesting conversation and possible quiz Thursday)
2. Write an advice column-style letter helping Ophelia; use at least 10 vocab words [UPDATE: Imagine you're answering a letter that says, My name is O. and I'm trapped in this weird sort of dating thing-- a prince says he loves me, but my father & brother hate him and tell me to stay away. What should I do? Post to your blog under the title, Dear Ophelia.]
3. Execute your study strategy for the midterm 

5 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused on what a "column-style" letter is and do you want this on our blogs or hard copy? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.bangkokpost.com/education/advice.htm
      It is very similar to a regular letter, this link gives you an example of one.

      Delete
    2. Doesn't really seem like something he would NEED to collect so I assume via blog post.

      Delete
    3. Imagine you're answering a letter that says, "My name is O. and I'm trapped in this weird sort of dating thing-- a prince says he loves me, but my father & brother hate him and tell me to stay away. What should I do?" And yes, please answer it in a post (you can title it Dear Ophelia) on your blog. :)

      Delete