Monday, August 20, 2012

assessment

This weekend I needed to read and grade:





  • 168 blogs
  • 168 journals
  • 168 vocabulary tests
  • 74 vocabulary test add-ons
  • 188 essays
  • 94 essay add-ons
I almost made it.

Spending time with your work gave me a few ideas:
  • Since some of your work is either personally sensitive or data-sensitive (e.g., a resume that contains your home address & phone number), we need a secure place besides your blog for work that you only want to share with people you select.  Using an online portfolio will also give you a way to showcase your best work if you want to use it as part of an application or presentation in the future.  I like pathbrite but I'm open to suggestions-- click the link, play around with it, and see if you can find something better by Friday, August 24.
  • Peer-to-peer feedback is going to be especially important in a writing-intensive course with so many members.  Long-form writing is a huge key to success in learning this material, and obviously I can't do this every weekend, so this week we will talk about peer-to-peer feedback strategies and tools to reward success, including Project Infinity.

3 comments:

  1. Both ideas seem like great plans. Especially where we can get feedback from our own peers. Project infinity should be fun and I'm looking forward to working with my senior class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is just me, but the project infinity link is sending me to pathbrite. If anyone else has trouble finding the link, it's right here: http://projectinfinity2.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the link-- think I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete